Getting Started with CCAP in Denver County- A Quick Tip Tutorial for Child Care Providers

by Cami Harris, Communications Coordinator, Denver’s Early Childhood Council


Perhaps you’ve been approached by a parent asking if your program or home-based child care accepts CCAP. You’ve heard of CCAP (or CCCAP, the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program), and you know it is a subsidy that helps low income parents pay for child care. You want to help this family but maybe you aren’t quite sure where to begin.

Like many aspects of running your child care business, there is a process involved. In partnership with Denver County Human Services, we’d like to share some easy tips to help you get started with CCAP and ensure smooth sailing!

  1. Already licensed? Make sure your rating and licensing information are up to date on Colorado Shines. Go to to update your profile.

Tip: When filling out your profile in Colorado Shines, select the “yes” option for CCAP, even if you have not started taking it yet.

Not licensed but providing child care for family, friends or neighbors? You can accept CCAP but you must obtain a background check for yourself and any adult 18+ residing in your household. Go to the Colorado Office of Early Childhood website for more information:

  1. Register for the next POS (point of sale) training. Contact the Business Office of Child Care (BOCC) at Denver Human Services: email or call 720-944-1672 to reserve your spot.

Tip: Trainings are held at Denver Human Services (DHS),1200 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO every 3rd Wednesday of the month from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. You will learn most of what you need to know about CCAP at this training. Important- Registration is required to attend the POS training.

  1. When a CCAP parent is ready to enroll their child into your care, tell the parent to contact their CCAP case worker right away in writing to let them know they have designated you as their child care provider. The parent will need to provide your name, license number, address and phone number. (If you’re not licensed, they will need your name, address, and phone number).

The parent should send their request in one of the following ways:

  • email
  • fax 720-944-3330
  • mail Denver County CCAP Office, 1200 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO 80204
  • drop off their written request at a CCAP drop box in the Denver County building

Once the request has been received, the business office team will begin the fiscal agreement (contract) process for you, starting by sending you an application packet.

Tip: The sooner you complete the packet and send it back in, the sooner your fiscal agreement will be issued and you can begin authorized care.

Compartir (ES):
Volver a Nuestro blog