Pre-licensing Series Training: Spring 2018
Date of Event: April 21, 2018 - April 21, 2018
Starts at: 9:00 am
Salem United Church of Christ Parsonage Building 1575 S Grape Street Denver, CO 80222
Do you watch a family, friend, or neighbor’s children in your home? Did you know that a family child care home is required to be licensed when care is provided over 4 children?
If you are interested in getting your family child care license, pre-licensing training is required by the Colorado Department of Human Services. Pre-licensing covers:
- Child Development
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Family and Community Relationships
- Learning Environments
- Cultural and Individual Diversity
- Child Guidance
- Health, Safety & Nutrition
- Business Practices and Professionalism
You must attend an orientation, all pre-licensing sessions, and complete all work assigned during the training to receive a completion certificate.
We are also offering other classes required to obtain your family child care license, including
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome & Abusive Head Trauma
- Safe Sleep
- CPR, First Aid, Standard Precautions
- Precautions in Transporting Children
- Medication Administration
- Building & Physical Premises Safety & Storage of Hazardous Materials & Bio-Contaminants
If you are enrolled in the full pre-licensing training, all of these classes are available at a discount – use code PLSpring2018 when registering. All class details, including date, time and costs are provided by clicking on the Registration Required link above and logging in.
For more information about what is required to become licensed, you can visit the Colorado Office of Early Childhood website.
This is the 3rd and final session of a SERIES TRAINING occurring on 4/7, 4/14, and 4/21/18.Back to Events