Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome and Abusive Head Trauma
Date of Event: April 23, 2019 - April 23, 2019
Starts at: 6:00 pm
YMCA Schlessman 2625 S. Colorado Blvd. Denver CO 80210
This training has been cancelled. We encourage you to take the course online in Colorado’s Early Childhood Professional Development Information System (PDIS).
This course fulfills a pre-service requirement for the State of Colorado training on Abusive Head Trauma or Shaken Baby Syndrome.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Define Abusive Head Trauma and describe how these injuries occur
• Describe the immediate symptoms and long-term effects of Abusive Head Trauma
• Identify factors that increase the risk of Abusive Head Trauma occurring
• Identify strategies to decrease the risk of Abusive Head Trauma in your child care program
• Communicate with parents about the danger of Abusive Head Trauma and how they can reduce their risk to their children