Denver’s Early Childhood Council helps child care programs access resources to enhance and sustain quality services for children and families. By connecting with the Council and applying for quality initiatives, more resources become available to programs. Please note – availability of funds depends on a variety of factors, have certain open application periods during the year, and may include the following:
Colorado Shines Quality Improvement Initiative
The Colorado Shines Quality Improvement initiative (CSQI) application deadline is 4/15/19!
Capital Improvement projects must be completed by 6/30/19.
To qualify for CSQI funding, your program must:
- Be rated at a Colorado Shines Level 2 or higher
- Have a CCAP fiscal agreement
Follow these easy steps to apply:
- Log in to your program’s Colorado Shines account
- Click on the QI tab, then the QI incentives tab
- Check the box verifying your Colorado Shines and program information is correct
- Click on the blue ‘Renew or Apply’ button
- Once the application is complete, click the ‘Submit’ button and you will receive a confirmation message
If you have questions or need spending support, please contact your Quality Navigator.
If you have not been assigned a Quality Navigator, please contact Lilith Huff-Muñoz at email@example.com or 720-644-2572.
Denver Preschool Program (DPP)
DPP child care providers: log in to your ecConnect account to begin the 2018-2019 provider renewal process. Contact your Quality Navigator if you have questions.
The Denver Preschool Program makes quality preschool possible for all Denver families with 4-year-old children through a dedicated sales tax first approved by voters in 2006 and renewed and extended in 2014. DPP has provided $80 million in tuition support to help more than 41,000 Denver children attend the preschool of their family’s choice, establishing each child’s foundation for lifelong learning and success.
Learn more about becoming a DPP partner here.