Pyramid Plus Funding Opportunity
Denver’s Early Childhood Council has received a grant from the Colorado Health Foundation to support the implementation of the Pyramid Plus Approach (PPA) in Denver. The PPA Training Curriculum was developed to promote the social and emotional development and inclusion of all children, birth through five, using evidence-based practices.
We are now accepting applications from those interested in implementing the Pyramid Plus Approach (PPA) via our Social Emotional Early Development (SEED) Initiative. Applicants must be licensed child care providers that are located in the City & County of Denver and serve children 0-5 years of age. Participants will be ranked based on the information provided in the electronic application form below. Site visits may also be performed. Highest rankings will go to providers that meet the criteria on the SEED Rubric.
Have a Qualistar Rating™ score of 3 or 4 stars, Colorado Shines Level 3-5, or are nationally accredited
Serve a large percentage of low-income families and/or children receiving funding from the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
Have inclusive policies for children with special needs
Are sustainable organizations
Grant funds will support implementation of the Pyramid Plus Approach in child care settings at two levels. Funding can be used to support training, coaching, classroom materials or substitutes to support implementation. Sites will only be eligible for Level II if they have already begun implementing the PPA.
Access to Quality Improvement Resources
Implementation in at least one classroom
Training and coaching support for staff in classroom
Funding level: $2,500
Working towards full program implementation
Training and coaching support for staff all classrooms
Option to send one staff member to coach or trainer certification
Funding level: $1,200 per classroom
To apply, you will need to fill out the Colorado Shines QRIS Application by following the steps below. The application will make it possible for you to apply for future Quality Improvement programs and incentives.
You can start, save, and resume your QI Application by completing the following steps:
- Log in to Colorado Shines.
- Click on the ‘Application’ button on the top navigation bar.
- Fill out the Program Profile, Children, Classrooms & High Needs tabs. At the top of each section there is a checkbox to indicate when that section is complete and ready to submit. Be sure to check these boxes. You can see what is complete in the Application Progress section to the right of the application. The workforce section is NOT required at this time.
- Click ‘Submit Application.’ This is just below the Application Progress section.
- Select ‘Quality Improvement’ from the top navigation bar and QI Incentives from the sub section that appears.
- Click ‘Apply Now’ to the right of the SEED Implementation description.
We hope you’ll consider applying for this Quality Improvement program! Contact your QI Navigator with questions.